- Building solid industrial foundations to achieve balanced economic growth apart from oil revenues, as a single income source, and substitution of industrial products imports.
- Diversifying national income sources and increasing the industrial sector’s contribution to gross domestic product.
- Based on its pivotal role in the industrial development process, and to achieve the above vision, the Ministry has identified a set of goals to arrive at the promising industrial development, the most important of which are:
- Development and support of industrial ventures in a way that helps diversify national income sources.
- Endeavour to diversify income sources.
- Maximizing value addition of intermediate materials.
- Encouraging private sector to increase its contribution to the industrial development.
- Increasing the manufacturing industries’ sector contribution to Gross Domestic Product GDP.
- Encouraging, support and development of clean and energy intensive industries.
- Strengthening integration between oil and gas sector and manufacturing sector, and other economic sectors.
- Achieving maximum integration between operating manufacturing projects.