Qatar National vision
During the reign of His Highness Sheikh Hamad bin Khalifa Al Thani, the Father Emir, May God Protect Him, Qatar National Vision 2030 has been launched to serve as a clear roadmap for Qatar’s future. It aims to propel Qatar forward by balancing the accomplishments that achieve economic growth with the human and natural resources. This vision constitutes a beacon that guides economic, social, human and environmental development of the country in the coming decades, so that it is inclusive and helpful for the citizens and residents of Qatar in various aspects of their lives.
Economic development is an essential part of the Qatar National Vision 2030, as the engine that drives progress by providing better opportunities and a better way of life for the country’s citizens. Achieving that objective hinges on Qatar’s ability to create a balance between an oil-based and a knowledge-based economy, helping diversify the country’s economy and guaranteeing a stable and sustainable business environment. The Qatar National Vision 2030 will also guide the wise management of the Qatari economy, helping increase competition, attracting more investments, and stimulating growth.
Sound Economic Management
- Reasonable and sustained rates of economic growth that secure a high standard of living for this generation and for future generations.
- Financial and economic stability characterized by low inflation rates, sound financial policy and a secure and efficient financial system.
- A stimulating business climate capable of attracting foreign funds and technologies and of encouraging national investments.
- Open and flexible economic structures capable of competing in a changing world.
- Coordination with Gulf Cooperation Council states and with Arab and regional economic organizations to establish trade, investment and financial ties.
Responsible Exploitation of Oil and Gas
- Optimum exploitation of hydrocarbon resources, establishing a balance between reserves and production, and between economic diversification and the degree of depletion.
- A vigorous oil and gas sector that generates advanced technological innovations and contributes to the development of human resources and economic capacities throughout Qatar.
- A fully developed gas industry that provides a major source of clean energy for Qatar and for the world.
- The long term maintenance of strategic reserves of oil and gas to meet the needs of national security and sustainable development.
Suitable Economic Diversification
- A diversified economy that gradually reduces its dependence on hydrocarbon industries, enhances the role of the private sector and maintains its competitiveness through:
- Expansion of industries and services with competitive advantages derived from hydrocarbon industries.
- Design and development of economic activities in which Qatar can specialize, including the technical and human requirements of these activities.
- A knowledge-based economy characterized by innovation; entrepreneurship; excellence in education; a world-class infrastructural backbone; the efficient delivery of public services; and transparent and accountable government.
Social development under the Qatar National Vision 2030 encompasses a system dedicated to social welfare and protection for all citizens and to bolstering women’s role in society and empowering them to be active community members. Social advancement also means equal educational, employment and career opportunities for all citizens, regardless of their background or gender and a tolerant and fair society that embraces Islam’s values of peace, welfare, justice and community. Under the QNV 2030, Qatar will serve as a regional and global example with an increased role in the Middle East and the world.
Social Care and Protection
Strong cohesive families that care for their members, and maintain moral and religious values and humanitarian ideals. An effective social protection system for all Qataris that ensures their civil rights, values their contribution in developing their society, and ensures an adequate income to maintain a healthy and dignified life.
A Sound Social Structure
Effective public institutions and strong and active civil society organizations that:
- Preserve Qatar’s national heritage and enhance Arab and Islamic values and identity.
- Provide high quality services that respond to the needs and the desires of individuals and businesses.
- Establish a secure and stable society operating on the principles of justice, equality and the rule of law.
- Enhance women’s capacities and empower them to participate fully in the political and economic spheres, especially in decision-making roles.
- Develop a spirit of tolerance, constructive dialogue and openness towards others at the national and international levels.
- International Cooperation
Qatar will continue to build upon its role in the international community in the following areas:
- An increased regional role economically, politically and culturally, particularly within the framework of the Gulf Cooperation Council the Arab League and the Organization of Islamic Conference.
- Intensification of cultural exchange with the Arab peoples in particular and with other nations in general.
- Sponsorship and support of dialogue among civilizations, promoting coexistence between different religions and cultures.
- Contribution towards international peace and security through political initiatives and developmental and humanitarian assistance.
Qatar cannot develop its economy and society without its human capital and resources: its people. Human development according to the QNV 2030 entails a holistic and modern health care infrastructure that caters to all and an educational system at par with the highest international standards, preparing Qatar’s students to take on the world’s challenges and become tomorrow’s innovators, entrepreneurs, artists and professionals. Moreover, a world-class education system and equal opportunities will propel Qataris to increase their role in all sectors of their country’s economy
An Educated Population
A world-class educational system that equips citizens to achieve their aspirations and to meet the needs of Qatar’s society, including:
- Educational curricula and training programs responding to the current and future needs of the labor market
- High quality educational and training opportunities appropriate to each individual's aspirations and abilities
- Accessible educational programs for life-long learning
A national network of formal and non-formal educational programs that equip Qatari children and youth with the skills and motivation to contribute to society, fostering:
- A solid grounding in Qatari moral and ethical values, traditions and cultural heritage.
- A strong sense of belonging and citizenship.
- Innovation and creativity.
- Participation in a wide variety of cultural and sports activities.
- Well-developed, independent, self-managing and accountable educational institutions operating under centrally-determined guidelines.
- An effective system for funding scientific research shared by the public and private sectors and conducted in cooperation with specialized international organizations and leading international research centers.
- A significant international role in cultural and intellectual activity and scientific research.
A Healthy Population: Physically and Mentally
A comprehensive world-class healthcare system whose services are accessible to the whole population, including:
- Effective and affordable services in accordance with the principle of partnership in bearing the costs of health care
- Coverage of preventive and curative health care, both physical and mental, taking into account the differing needs of men, women and children.
- High quality research directed at improving the effectiveness and quality of healthcare
- An integrated system of health care offering high-quality services through public and private institutions operating under the direction of a national health policy that sets and monitors standards for social, economic, administrative and technical aspects of health care
- A skilled national workforce capable of providing high quality health services.
- Continued commitment by the state to provide sufficient funds for maintaining the health of Qatar’s population in accordance with the principle of partnership in bearing the costs of health care.
A Capable and Motivated Workforce
Increased and diversified participation of Qataris in the workforce through:
- Broad investments in certification and training programs by public and private institutions
- Incentives for Qataris to enter professional and management roles in business, health and educational sectors
- High quality training opportunities for all citizens, corresponding to their ambitions and abilities
- Increased opportunities and vocational support for Qatari women
- Targeted Participation of Expatriate Labor
- Recruitment of the right mix of expatriate labor, protecting their rights, securing their safety, and retaining those who are outstanding among them.
Sustaining economic and social growth, moreover, is impossible without a holistic environmental vision that places environmental preservation for Qatar’s future generations at the forefront. The Qatar National Vision 2030 aims to direct Qatar towards a balance between developmental needs and the protection of its natural environment, whether land, sea or air. As such, the QNV 2030 includes an emphasis on establishing an effective legal framework and the environmental institutions that can serve as the guardians of Qatar’s environmental heritage. The QNV 2030 also emphasizes the importance of increasing citizens’ awareness of their role in protecting the country’s environment for their children and the nation’s future generations.
A Balance between Development Needs and Protecting the Environment
Preserving and protecting the environment, including air, land, water and biological diversity, through:
- An environmentally aware population that values the preservation of the natural heritage of Qatar and its neighboring states
- An agile and comprehensive legal system that protects all elements of the environment, responding quickly to challenges as they arise.
- Effective and sophisticated environmental institutions that build and strengthen public awareness about environmental protection, and encourage the use of environmentally sound technologies. These institutions will also conduct awareness-raising campaigns, employ environmental planning tools, and carry out environmental research
- A comprehensive urban development plan for Qatar that adopts a sustainable policy with regard to urban expansion and population distribution
- Encouragement of regional cooperation to put in place preventive measures to mitigate the negative environmental effects of pollution arising from development activities
- A proactive and significant international role in assessing the impact of climate change and mitigating its negative impacts, especially on countries of the Gulf.
The Qatar National Vision (QNV) logo is based on a modular design. The central element of the logo takes the form of an eye, reflecting vision. The cultural pattern of its iris reflects traditional Qatari culture.
The modular design looks structured, yet at the same time its dynamic dimensions have been created through the use of a diagonal line. The diagonal is important because the text reads upwards, which looks towards the future. The QNV seeks to achieve development progress, yet at the same time it aims to preserve national culture.
The Logo was designed by Virginia Commonwealth University in Qatar - Center for Research in Design.